The K2 Aluminium Roof Vent offers the homeowner design freedom. As well as white and blue/white, the vent is supplied in a range of woodgrain foil finishes (mahogany, rosewood and golden oak)– with both the sash and outer frame being foiled, as well as a high end powder coated finish in any RAL colour. These options make the K2 offering truly advantageous to fabricators and installers looking to offer their customers a greater degree of choice and real added value.
The K2 Aluminium Roof Vent offers a number of exciting benefits. Not only can it be electronically operated, but also it can be fitted with thermostat and rain sensor control units.
The Aluminium Roof Vent also addresses the perceived problems concerning the strength of PVCU sashes; it also utilises an ingenious leak free design whereby the sash profile is entirely outside of the primary seal.
Indeed the sash glazing itself seals on to the outer frame – making water ingression impossible. In addition the position of the sash eliminates the need for a thermal break and eradicates any risk of condensation.
- Conservatory Roof Vents
- The K2 Aluminium Roof Vent
- Conservatory Roof Vents
Other essential points about the K2 Conservatory Roof Vent
* The K2 Aluminium Roof Vent features a combined glazing bead and packer that eliminates the requirement for additional infill pieces or architrave section used with other vents. Not only does this produce a more aesthetically pleasing result, but it also allows the vent to be fitted into polycarbonate panels.
* To accommodate a greater variety of roofs, the vent is supplied in a dedicated 24/25mm sash profile for use with glass and polycarbonate and in a 35mm profile for use with polycarbonate. To ensure it complements the entire K2 range of roofs, the new Aluminium Roof Vent is fully sculptured.
To find out more, simply visit www.k2conservatories.co.uk
General Guidance for Consumers – Important points to consider and questions to ask your potential conservatory supplier:
* Does it have the potential to leak?
* Does the vent rely solely on silicone sealant to prevent water ingress?
* Has it been stringently weather tested to current British Standards?
* In the case of woodgrain effect, does the finish match that of the roof?
* Is it supplied with a 10-year guarantee?
* Do you have the option of manual and electric opening?
* Do you have the option of thermostat and rain sensor control units?
Is there any BBA or BS standards for glazing / sealing in roof vents?
* No, but there are British Standards to demonstrate the weather tightness of the vent in terms of preventing air and water ingression.
For example K2’s Roof Vents are tested in all these areas:
* To over 300 Pascal’s with air and water, with no recorded air or water leakage.
* Water tightness with 2 litres per square metre per minute, equating to a rainfall of almost 5 inches per hour
* Weather tightness BS 6375 Part 1
* Air permeability BS 5368 Part 1
* Water tightness under static pressure BS 5368 Part 2
* Wind resistance BS 5368 Part 3
How to make sure your roof vent does not leak?
* Keeping the opening part of the vent entirely on the outside of the primary seal eliminates any potential leak through the sash.
* An installer-friendly system requiring little or no silicone sealant will also increase the likelihood of a long term, leak-free installation.
* It is recommended that the installer adheres to the manufacturer’s fitting instructions at all times.